Jordan Tour (23-30 October 2023)
- Petra at night by candlelight
- Wildlife at dawn’s light
- Jeep rides at Wadi Rum
- Overnight camping with Bedouins under the dazzling dark skies
- Canyon-side hike at Dhana
- Floating in the Dead Sea
- Climbing Mt. Nebo to see the Mount of Olives and Jericho
- Yes, you can!
Day 1 - Queen Alia International Airport – Amman (No meals)
Upon arrival to Amman, a member of our staff will meet you at Queen Alia International Airport for assistance with customs and immigration procedures. We then head to check in our hotel in Amman.
Welcome sign at the airport reads EAGLE EYE SAFARIS
Day 2 - Amman – Jerash – Amman City Tour – Amman (B, L)
After a filling Jordanian breakfast at our hotel, we’ll drive approx. 45 minutes to Jerash and explore the largest and most well-preserved sites of Roman architecture in the world outside of Italy. To this day, its colonnaded streets, baths, theaters, plazas, and arches remain in exceptional condition. We’ll return to Amman to visit King Abdullah Mosque to see a place of worship that invites visitors. For lunch, Hashem’s falafel is a MUST! This clean, no-frills establishment attracts locals and visitors alike for a meal of fresh bread, two kinds of falafel, plus hummus and other Jordanian small dishes.
After lunch, we’ll enjoy a city tour of Amman, including a visit to the Citadel, Jordan’s National Archaeological Museum, the Roman theater, and Folklore Museum. We’ll return to our hotel in Amman to relax before we start our journey through the rest of this beautiful country. You’ll probably still be full after our generous lunch, but if not, enjoy dinner at the hotel or nearby restaurants (dinner not included)
Day 3 - Amman – Dhana Nature Reserve (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we’ll drive 2 hours to Dhana old village, where the Dhana Guesthouse provides a beautiful look-out point over the Dhana Nature Reserve and colorful Wadi Dhana. We’ll refresh with local tea, then proceed to hike through the White Dome Trail. This trail follows the contours the huge escarpments of Wadi Dana between the Rummana campsite and Dana Village. We will pass through the terraced gardens of the village. The trail offers breathtaking views of the canyon-like Wadi. The trail ends at the Rummana campsite. (Our luggage will be transferred to the Campsite.) We will check in our tents, enjoy a well-earned late lunch, then enjoy the campsite and nature. We’ll watch the sunset before dinner and overnight camping. Depending on conditions, we might be able to accomplish some night-sky photography.
- Grade: Moderate (we will take our time)
- Distance: 8 km (just under 5 miles)
- Time: 3-4 hours
Day 4 - Dhana Nature Reserve – Petra (B, D)
Syrian Serin (Serinus syriacus), a small bird similar to a canary,
Lesser Kestrel (Falco naumanni),
Blanford’s Fox (Vulpes cana),
and Nubian Ibex (Capra nubiana)
We’ll eat at 08.00am, then transfer to the amazing city of Petra! We’ll hike into the Siq (slot canyon). We’ll see rooms and seats carved into the sandstone along the way, then the canyon will open to the glorious iconic scene you’ve waited for: The Treasury! Did you know that there’s more? Most people don’t. We’ll explore the rest of the canyon, including the Street of Facades, Royal Tombs, Roman Theatre, Byzantine church and depending on our physical condition, possibly hike up over 900 steps to visit ad-Deir–the Monastery–Petra’s largest carved façade.
Dinner is early tonight. We’re invited to a local family house to enjoy a Traditional Dinner and cultural exchange. Yes, we’ll walk it off afterwards when we head back to the Siq to see Petra at night by candlelight. Over 50,000 candles light the way to the Treasury apron, where we’ll gasp in awe at the gorgeous view. Yes, we’ll take Instagram-worthy photos—we know all the good spots! You’ll go to sleep dreaming about this incredible day at our hotel in Petra.
Day 5 – Petra – Little Petra – Wadi Rum (B, D)
It’s a 2-hour drive to Wadi Rum. After we check in at our Bedouin camp, we’re going out into the desert! We’ll have a fun 3-hour Jeep tour of the moonscape terrain that T.E. Lawrence rightly described as “vast, echoing, and God-like.” We’ve got the perfect spot high up on the cliffs for the sunset, then we’ll return to our camp to refresh and get ready for a traditional dinner. After dessert, we’ll have a chance to enjoy the dazzling night skies of Wadi Rum. (Yes, you have a private bathroom with shower and a real bed at the camp!)
Day 6 – Wadi Rum – Mujib (B, L, D)
Day 7 – Mujib – Mt. Nebo – Madaba – Amman (B, L)
Later in the afternoon, we’ll visit another local family for a late Traditional lunch and cultural exchange. After our visit, we’ll check in our hotel in Amman. If it’s early enough, perhaps we can all have dinner at a local restaurant (not included), to discuss the things we’ve seen and experienced before we have to say goodbye.
Day 8 – Amman – Queen Alia Airport, end of tour (B)
Breakfast is included at our hotel. Check-out time is max 12.00pm. It’s 30 minutes to Queen Alia International Airport for departure with the assistance of our airport representative.
Please note that you MUST be at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your flight departure.
This trip tags perfectly with our Egypt Tour (12-22 Otober 2023)
Price to be determined, 50% non-refundable deposit required at booking
- All hotel accommodations (3 nights in Amman, 1 night in Petra) on bed/breakfast basis including all government taxes and service charges.
- One overnight camping in Dhana Rummana Campsite on dinner/breakfast basis.
- Overnight camping in Wadi Rum on dinner/breakfast basis.
- Overnight in Mujib Chalets on Dinner/breakfast basis.
- Lunches at Hashem Restaurant, Rummana Campsite and Dead Sea.
- Dinner at a Local family house in Petra.
- Petra By Night Tickets.
- Cooking and lunch at a local family house in Madaba.
- All entry/user fees to sites mentioned in the itinerary.
- Three hours jeep tour in Wadi Rum.
- All transfers by deluxe a/c private vehicle with driver.
- Private English-speaking tour guide throughout the touring program.
- Photography coaching with Eagle Eye Safaris
- PCR Test if still required.
- Gratuities for drivers, Guides, representatives, hotel services, etc.
- Rates do not include any Covid-related increase to taxes, fuel and entrance fees, we will provide you with official letters should there be any increase.
- International and domestic flight tickets.
- Travelers insurance (recommended)
- Excluded meals and drinks
- Personal expenses (Laundry, Spa, telephones…etc)
- Any Optional tours
- Anything not mentioned in the “Included in this tour” section)